Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Murphy's law of poly

Well, it looks as if I jumped the gun and made much ado about nothing. The lovely lady we were getting to know seems to have had a change of heart. I think she may have had doubts that she wasn't voicing to either of us all along. But that's just a hunch.

We were going strong, talking every day for pretty much all day long. The last time we spoke she ended the conversation by asking a good time for her to call the next day, then out of nowhere she just dropped off the planet. No calls, no texts, not even a friendly poke on Facebook.

As disappointing as it is, it was definitely better for it to happen now than later on when we were even more emotionally invested. It also solves the awkward timing problem that I mentioned earlier with the in laws.

Perhaps next time I will just keep my excitement under wraps until I am sure that everyone is on the same page :(

1 comment:

  1. it prolly is better that it happened now b4 everyone got emotionally involved. better now than before anyone gets hurt. who knows too? she may just need some time to absorb it all...

    ReplyDelete